Jesus Sat Down to Feed
Title: Jesus Sat Down To Feed
C.H. Spurgeon (Metropolitan Tabernacle Pulpit) This story is “in all four gospels so that we won’t forget how much the Lord can do with little things that are yielded to Him.”
Christ uses Inadequate people, who Surrender what they have to Him, to meet the overwhelming needs of others.
Four Main Lessons:
1 . People are needy.
2 . The Lord’s people are inadequate in ourselves to meet people’s needs.
3 . Jesus Christ is All-Sufficient to meet people’s overwhelming needs. Christ’s All-Sufficiency:
- Christ is in control of every situation.
- Christ is more concerned for needy people than we are.
- Christ is not limited by our inadequate resources.
- Christ doesn’t just barely meet needs; He abundantly supplies all that we want.
- Christ is sufficient not only for physical needs, but especially for spiritual needs.
4 . Christ meets the needs of people through His inadequate people who yield their inadequate resources to Him. Four ways:
- Christ uses people to meet the needs of people.
- Christ uses inadequate people to meet the needs of people.
- Christ uses inadequate people who yield their inadequate resources to Him.
- When Christ uses us to meet the needs of others, He always provides for our needs.